Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Well hello there, motivation.. it's so nice to see you again!!

Can I start off by saying.. OH MY GOSH! I am telling you, I have been having the hardest time. I know I touched on this a bit in my last post.. but I have to share! I cannot remember the last time my little motivation button was out of order. I can usually dig deep and find something to push me. Whether it's how far I've come, my short term goals, an old picture of myself..gosh, even forcing someone to tell me it's going to be ok ;) ... anything. But these past few weeks have been HARD and CHALLENGING in the area of motivation. Honestly, I wanted to cry several times because I just didn't know what to do. When I was losing weight, I asked someone why do they think people gain their weight back.. they told me because you get to a point where you're tired and you sorta just don't care anymore. I was determined I would not be like that. I figured I'd always have this fight in me to keep going, and apparently.. if I'm still fighting, I do :) So what did I do? I just kept going. And I whined a lot.. but that's besides the point. I had to tell myself it doesn't matter how you feel right now, I could not let my feelings dictate the choices I was making. Now, let me be totally honest here, I did have some moments of emotional eating, I did skimp on my workouts at times.. but I also noticed that the "bad" choices I was making were so much better than what I had made in the past. I've come so far. It also shows me that I'm not immune to going back to some of my bad habits. I decided I'd just ride it out and pray and continue to follow the rules and try not to follow my emotions. I woke up the other morning and I could tell it was back. I woke up, wrote down some new goals, signed up for a bootcamp class and started journaling my food again. I can't beat myself up for how I feel.. or even the choices that I made, but I can try my hardest to stick to what I know are the better choices and I can choose to not quit or give up. I believe it is what happens in life, we have the tendancy to just give up when things don't come easy for us. When we have to push ourselves through those times where it feels more like we are dragging ourselves. We still need to tie up our shoes and walk that treadmill or run on the pavement. We need to make these choices because we owe it to ourselves to finish this part or that part of the process. Losing weight, maintaining weight.. whatever it may be. And when you get tired and you can't find one awesome quote that pushes you to feel that motivation again.. just keep going. Just keep doing what you know is the right thing to do. And eventually, you'll feel it again. It'll just hit you. It's like life, we don't always feel like it, but we do it anyways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment