Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ahhh... regroup..regroup

Wow! What a week! Seriously, have you ever had "one of those" kind of weeks where you can't even remember what you ate for lunch 10 minutes ago because you're so busy? I had photo shoots last week, a wedding shoot on Friday, 6 mini sessions on Saturday, a shoot on Sunday and one today (Thursday) I've been editing the pictures and training for my new job at Weight Watchers.. plus my babies have been on Fall break. So I have to make sure I've taken time for them. So, needless to say, I have struggled in a few areas this week. I really slacked in tracking my food and I didn't get to exercise as much as I am used to or as much as I would've liked too. Do you ever get like that? Where you're so busy or maybe something unexpected happens in your life and it just throws you off? How do you handle it? Something I've learned and something I say to myself often is, "Well.. this is life.. life happens and I can't be surprised at it." I've mentioned this before, but when you dedicate yourself to living a healthy lifestyle; exercising, eating right, taking time for yourself, it's pretty easy to regroup and get back on track. Honestly this is the main reason I am not for the quick fix lose weight type of diets, they might work for a certain time period, but in the end you haven't learned how to live it as a healthy lifestyle. Ok.. so today I regrouped and started tracking again and made sure I took some time for myself and exercised. I guess I could've just as easily said, "Oh, I'll just start Monday when the kids are back in school.." but I don't want my thinking to go that way. I see the slip ups I've had, so the key is to jump right back in as soon as I can. Towards the beginning of my weight loss journey, I would beat myself up if I slipped up and got off track. I wanted to be perfect at it. I wanted to always see progress on the scale and towards my goals. But as I went along, I learned that getting off track is good sometimes because through that, you learn how to get back on. There will always be busy times, there will always be vacations and unexpected events. We have to learn how to work through those, forgive ourselves if we "mess up", get back on track as soon as we realize we're off track, and maybe it will even cause us to be more focused on our goals. I also wanted to say, if this is your normal life, crazy busy-no time for yourself, you have to change that! You have to find someway to make time for yourself. I do believe we make time for what we want. And you need to make time for yourself no matter what! I'm not saying workout an hour a day.. but do something. Find some time to focus on what you should be eating rather than grabbing whatever you can because you're in too big of a hurry to think about it. The only way things will change is if you make those changes. I don't know the situation that you might be in, but I do know we all have things that we fill our time up with. I just want to encourage you.. take time for yourself. Stop letting the excuse of, "I just don't have the time!!" keep you from being healthy. Maybe start with just 10 minutes a day. Even if in those 10 minutes you prepare healthy snacks and write down a healthy menu for the week. Just do something more for yourself. So take some time, regroup.. get back on track.. and move forward. It'll happen again and again and again.. so don't let it stop you, just see it as a bump in the road and move on.
Don't quit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment