Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!!

Well, it's that time of the year!! Many New Years Resolutions will be made, goals will be set and mindsets will be set! Do you have your goals set for 2012? I prefer setting goals vs. New Years Resolution. For me, it's much easier to reach a small goal than have to work at accomplishing those big New Years resolutions! I have some goals set and I've set some small goals to help me get there and not get too overwhelmed. I do love New Years though, because it feels like a new beginning. I look back at 2011 and I have accomplished some great things on my weight loss journey but I want 2012 to be even better. I plan on reaching my weight loss goal (which is only about 15 pounds away!!! Whoo hooo!!) I plan on running a 5K and by the end of summer I hope to be running 10 miles straight with no stopping. I have a long term goal of running a marathon, but that's something I have to take small steps to get too. I was thinking, in order to reach these new goals, and hopefully you have new goals to reach, we have to make sure we set ourselves up for a win! First thing I will do, I said this already but I feel like it's so important, is to set some small goals to get me to that big goal I want to meet. I'm trying to see it a month at a time, "How much would I like to weigh at the end of January?" "How far do I want to be able to run by the end of March?" goals like that. I think it's a good idea to take a look back at how far you've come (no matter what your journey is this is always a good thing to do) Even if you didn't accomplish as much as you wanted to, you still made some accomplishments! Don't beat yourself up over the things you "didn't do" rather be proud of yourself for the things you "did do!" Something else I have to do is get my house and kitchen ready for myself. I have to get all the junk out from Christmas and make sure I have lots of healthy options. If I don't do that I'll continue to sneak little bites here and there and I really don't want my kids eating all the junk, so I'll just throw it away. Surround yourself with some cheerleaders!! Maybe some people that have similar goals as you or people that will just stand by your side and cheer you on! Have a plan on some type of activity or exercise you'd like to try. I know come January first, you'll be able to find good deals on exercise videos and equipment, so if you are able to, invest into some of those! Stay focused! This can very well be your year of reaching those goals!! Don't quit when it gets tough, don't give up if you "mess up", just push yourself to do something you never thought was possible!! I am ready to reach my goal and I hope you are too!!! I'd LOVE to hear some of your goals you have set (even if they aren't weight loss goals) so please share!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment