Monday, October 3, 2011

I Don't Wanna!!!

I'm warning you, this is a whiny blog! Sometimes I just don't wanna!! Sometimes I don't feel like it! I hope I'm not alone in thinking these thoughts. These thoughts aren't nearly as often as they used to be, but they still come and there are times I just let myself be whiny and allow myself to fall a little weak. This past weekend I had a few days of what I like to call "tired of doing this whole healthy lifestyle thing" this thinking happens and I guess I have to expect it. It's not a "I'm giving up" type of thinking, just tired. Sometimes I get tired of the process, tired of writing what I eat down, tired of exercising, tired of thinking about it and working towards goals. I remember the first time this happened, I thought, "Oh my gosh, I'm such a failure! Why am I thinking this way?!" but then I realized this is life. This is normal thinking! (well at least for me it's normal) I now realize life happens. You see, schedules get busy, our families demand more of us, tragedy strikes, changes happen... you get the picture. Heck sometimes we just get plain ol' tired. I used to think feeling anything negative was bad, but it's not.  I know that the changes I've made and am currently making is my lifestyle, and the fact is life does happen. There will be times that "I don't wanna" for the rest of my life. I can't imagine ALWAYS wanting to exercise or ALWAYS wanting to eat right or NEVER getting tired of "being good" so since these feelings come I've just learned what to do when they do come. I allow myself to feel these things without feeling guilty. No need for feeling bad about having feelings. I believe it's good when those feelings come because then you will learn your weaknesses and you'll learn how to cope with those feelings. I think the BEST thing I've learned from those feelings is that I am stronger and in control and that I don't have to throw in the towel and give up just because I'm tired. I can skip a few days without exercising or skip writing in my food journal. I may have some extra treats I normally wouldn't have (like 2 pumpkin doughnuts ;) and still be okay. These feelings come and go, we deal with them, and then move on. Hope this helps :)

Never ever give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment