Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pick, Pick Pickin' away...

Okay, so I had to get rid of a lot of the Halloween candy!! I have found myself picking at it over the last several days. The first week I was fine, it's just recently it's been getting to me. I put it out of sight,you know the whole out of sight out of mind trick, yeah it wasn't working anymore, so I had to take drastic measures!! RAWR!! I know there are times I find myself picking at food and I wonder why in the world am I doing this?! My kids are still pretty little so they rarely finish their own food, even if it's McDonald's they will leave lots of it behind. If you think about it, even if it's just picking at it, those calories can really add up! Did you know that if you eat 2 of your kids chicken nuggets, you've just eaten an extra 100 calories and just a handfull of fries out of a small McDonald's fries can add up to another 100 calories. A small candy bar can have up to 280 calories in it! I have learned to be conscious of what I'm "picking" at to eat. I put a lot of thought into this Halloween candy, and come up with some options if you, like me, are having a hard time with it. So here's my suggestions :)
1. Have your kids pick out their favorite treats and have the "Candy Fairy" come and pick up the rest and swap a small prize for the candy.
2. When they are sleeping go through it and toss out the stuff you have a weakness towards.
3. Donate it to the troops!
4. Donate it to a shelter or food pantry!
5. Send most of it to work with your spouse. (that's what I did!! Rob left this morning with lots of candy for the guys at work!!)
6. Take it to work with you to share! Just make sure the candy bowl isn't on your desk!!

One option I had was to hurry up and eat what I really wanted so it will be out of the house!! That's terrible advice!!! Don't do that!! I'm just saying it did cross my mind ;)

Stay strong my friends!! We are about to move into a season where food is one of the highlights! I have no doubt that we can go through this holiday season and still lose weight! Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment