Friday, September 2, 2011

My first blog EVER!!

Hello!! This is my very first blog! Exciting and nervous at the same time! I wanted to start a blog about the journey I've been on this past year and am going to continue the blog throughout my maintenance time.
    A year ago this past July, I joined Weight Watchers and since then have lost "almost" 100 pounds! To be exact currently I am -99.4 pounds! Unbelievable! I have about 30 or so pounds to go and I'm looking forward to getting there and then maintaining my weight. Let me back up and explain why I joined Weight Watchers in the first place. One Friday evening I was on my hands and knees scrubbing my kitchen floor and the next day (and 6 weeks following that awful floor scrubbing moment) I was in so much pain, coughing was even a challenge! The day after I had scrubbed my floor my little girl, Kennedy, said to me, as I was laid out on the couch barely able to move, "Mom, what are we gonnna do now? We don't have a modder (mother)" I said, "Yes you do! I'm right here!" Those words played over and over in my head.. "we don't have a modder" and it hit me. I don't want my children to one day say they don't have a mother because of the choices their mother made. I decided that if I was going to be taken out, it would not be by my doing! God would have to take me out! So the following Wednesday I walked into my first WW meeting and never looked back. It has been an amazing journey! I haven't loved every moment but I have loved most moments. My hope is to inspire others to set goals and reach them, to never give up on their dreams and to realize that you really can do it!!! We have the ability to get past the roadblocks in our minds to reach the goals that we have set! I know this without a doubt! I hope you follow me on the rest of this weight loss journey and then on through my maintenance time. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to email me!! Thanks for reading!!

2 comments: