Saturday, January 14, 2012

Are you on the Offense?

To be on the offense means to make an attack, having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends. 


How many times have we made excuses for why we CAN'T do what we need to do to reach our goals? I have been guilty of this. Ugh.. I can't exercise because of the kids, I can't eat healthy because of all the food around me at parties or work, impossible for me to do this healthy thing because I am the ONLY one trying in my house (insert your own excuses here ;) EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES!! At some point we have to take responsibility for ourselves and let go of the excuses. This last week I hit a milestone in my weight loss, I am finally now in my healthy weight range!!! A little over 18 months later and it doesn't even feel real that I am no longer, according to the healthy guidelines, am considered "overweight"... it feels amazing! I am still working on hitting my final goal weight and looking forward to that as well!! I do a lot of thinking and hitting that milestone got me doing some more thinking... I started thinking about all the times in the past I would make an excuse why I couldn't lose weight, I mean it was IMPOSSIBLE because of my circumstances around me (Yeah right.. this was just what I told myself!!) We allow things to just be as they are, not because we can't do anything about it but because we choose not too. I used to say, "Well it was just my time, that's why I lost weight at the time I did.." but really it's because I made it my time. I just as easily could have made up yet another excuse as to why I just couldn't do it. Thankfully I didn't. There is no better time than right now to get on the offense and stop making excuses. It really is amazing the goals we can reach if we put aside the excuses. I just want to challenge you in that, time will fly by and you don't want to be saying to yourself, "Well, I guess I'll do it in 2013" do it now! Just make the choice and start attacking those goals!!!
Thanks for reading my bossy post!! ;) 
It's only because I know it's not impossible to do!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I have also recently told myself to stop making excuses and once I did that I studied my butt off for 2 months and got my Pharmacy Tech certification on Dec.13, 2011. I took a pharmacy tech class summer of 2010 and did great on all of my work, but for some reason I was to scared to go take the test at that time. I always said to myself " I can't do it"... " What if I don't pass"... " All of my hard work will have just been for nothing"... so on and so on. Anyway I finally sucked it up and I just went for it. I was so happy when I actually passed and so proud of myself for accomplishing my goal. So my mindset this year is "no excuses allowed" I can do anything I set my mind to do, I am smart and need to stop doubting myself.

    Thanks for the inspiring posts...

    ReplyDelete